Common Sense Media's iPhone App is here!
October 30th, 2012
Good Dog Design was contacted by Common Sense Media(CSM) late last year, and we immediately jumped at the opportunity to redesign their primary mobile app. The team at CSM was fantastic, and the initial working sessions led to some innovative and fun concepts for the new app. The collaborative effort continued throughout the process, and we feel fortunate to have been part of the team. We're particularly proud of the 'My Kids' view: this feature allows users to add their own children to the app for customized recommendations. Parents see their children's photos next to age-appropriate movies, books, games, etc., giving them at-a-glance reference for media decisions.
A few highlights from the app (from CSM):
- Instant access to Common Sense Media's nearly 17,000 in-depth expert reviews of entertainment and digital media products
- "My Kids" feature allows parents to tailor selections based on their own kids' ages
- Top Picks lists let parents discover new favorites and see our editors' latest recommendations
- Purchase products in iTunes directly from reviews
- Watch video reviews of top movie releases
Once the iOS app was wrapped up, we began a port to Android. We focused on basic mobile support, but we also looked to enhance info views on 7" tablets. Specifically, we added support for the Kindle Fire's larger screen.
We were delighted to work on this app, and hope you'll head over to the App Store to check out out.
Check out the video here: